Friday, May 8, 2009

Playing For change

I think the first thing to do here is to take a look at the Web site. www.playingforchange.com (why doesn't this link take us to the site?)



Spend some time looking at that as have I. What they have done here is the record and film musicians playing a song. Simple enough until you realize that all the musicians are in different parts of the world. They mix the tracks together and there you have it. I really enjoy the music. However, I think the larger question here is; how can I use it in the classroom?

There are messages that come to mind like peace and collaboration, but how can I make it interesting? I wonder if my students would let me record them singing along (not a chance).

Any suggestions out there?

1 comment:

  1. The address for PlayingforChange.com isn't currently active - (the site itself) if you go through google you can't find it either, so it may have closed down, or being rebuilt otherwise it is hyperlinked correctly.

    ReplyDelete